The Bangladesh Government issues e-passport BD or Machine Readable Passport (MRP). And it’s only for citizens for international travel. This Passport can use only by its owner, not anyone. If you lost it, you need to immediately report to the nearest local police authorities or Bangladesh mission.
Bangladesh’s government, all of the stations have stopped hand-written issuing passports. And, all of the hand-written e-passports issued faster have expired.
Prime Minister of Bangladesh Sheikh Hasina integrated the e-Passport services at the Bangabandhu International Conference Center (BICC) in the city.
At the function, the prime minister received her e-Passport from Home Minister Asaduzzaman Khan Kamal.
About Of E-Passport BD:
The e-Passports are now initially issued from three offices — Uttara, Jatrabari, and Agargaon — of the Department of Immigration and Passports in Dhaka. These offices can issue 25,000 Passports a day.
Usually, in Bangladesh’s whole country, there are 69 passport offices and 75 missions in phases. In other parts of the country, these services will be available within 2020.
And the final move can increase the acceptability of passports in the world. The electronic Passport can immigration process efficiently.
Bangladesh is the first country to introduce e-passports in south Asia and 119th in the world.
How to Apply For a New E-Passport:
You can apply at the following link:
1. Apply online at the following link:
You need to require a 17-digit Registration Number or National identity card number for an online application form. People who have no NID card and have Birth Registration can apply at the High Commission. For more information, click here, click here.
2. print your online application earlier submitted.
3. And, you have also needed your printed copy attested on page-4 by the official authorized.
4. Make the payment, and you can see ” Modes Of Payment.”
5. Please book your appointment with the High Commission by sending an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. And it would be best if you did it for biometric data entry (signature, fingerprint & photograph).
5. Please submit the below documents while you appear for biometric data entry:
- You need to fill in the MRP Application Forms copy (attested by an authorized attester).
- You also need One copy of the recent passport size picture to be affixed on the above of the first page. If the applicant is a child and the age of 15, then they need two-parent photos on this application form. Sometimes, parent’s photos are accepted.
- The applicant’s National ID Card or Birth Registration Certificate is containing some 17- digit.
- Photocopies of applicant’s existing Bangladesh (valid or original) hand-written Passport.
- Evidence of payment.
- Need a signature for your self-addressed prepaid registered return envelope.
- For more, please see Modes Of Delivery.
If you want a new passport urgently, Citizens can also order super express delivery with special conditions and fees apply.
What Is Super Express Delivery?
You can order super express delivery for your new Passport within two working days. This option is available for Bangladesh passport offices.
Who Can Apply For It?
Everyone can apply for super express delivery in Bangladesh.
But one crucial condition is that you need to get clearance from a particular branch of the police.
Where can I apply?
Applicants can do it in every domestic Bangladesh passport office. This process is not available in Bangladesh Missions.
How The Passport Delivered?
You can get the super express passports only from the Agargaon office in Dhaka. You can take your Passport only there.
Passport Pickup Address:
Regional Passport Office Agargaon
7-E Agargaon, Shere-E-Bangla Nagor
Contact No: +880 2-8123788
e-Passport Payment Options and Fees:
You can pay your e-passport bd fee in the below banks in Bangladesh:
ONE Bank, Sonali Bank, Trust Bank, Dhaka Bank, Bank Asia.
Five years validity e-Passport with 48 pages
- TK 4,025: Regular delivery within 21 Working days
- TK: 6,325: Express delivery within 10 Working days
- TK: 8,625 Super Express delivery within 2 Working days
Ten years validity e-Passport with 48 pages:
- TK 5,750: Regular delivery within 21 Working days
- TK 8,050: Express delivery within 10 Working days
- TK 10,350: Super Express delivery within 2 Working days
Five years validity e-Passport with 64 pages:
- TK 6,325: Regular delivery within 21 Working days
- TK 8,625: Express delivery within 10 Working days
- TK 12,075: Super Express delivery within 2 Working days
Ten years validity e-Passport with 64 pages
- TK 8,050: Regular delivery within 21 Working days: TK 8,050
- TK 10,350: Express delivery within 10 Working days
- TK 13,800: Super Express delivery within 2 Working days
NB: All fees are including 15% VAT
If you lost your Passport or had been stolen, you need to report it immediately to the police.
Or you can get the following steps:
- You can report to any police station or Bangladesh.
- You need to bring your passport photocopy for proving.
- And you also need to apply for the re-issue of a passport with all necessary documents.
- Then, they can reprint you printed from the lost paper with original data.
While your enrollment in e-passport offices, you need to bring these required documents:
1. Printed copy of the application form.
2. printed copy of the appointment schedule.
3. Copy of Payment Slip.
4. Original and photocopy of NID or BRC
International Students Fees:
Regular Feel a$ 45.00
Urgent Fee a$ 144.00.
For the student’s special rate, you need to follow the standards that have to be fulfilled:
- It would help if you mentioned your profession as “students” in their passports;
- The work is remembered as “student” in their e-passports;
- You have arrived in Australia, New Zealand, and Fiji from Bangladesh with a valid student visa for the study;
- holds a valid student ID card
However, below professionals having met the above criteria will be excluded:
Yet, the following professionals who have completed the above criteria will be excluded:
i) University Teachers who are pursuing studies through Government scholarship or any other bilateral/multilateral sources; and
ii) Students gainfully employed in Bangladesh or abroad and sponsored by his/her employer)
- The High Commission is not responsible for if your documents are lost or delayed in mail / Courier.
Please appear your Passport at the high Commission between 9.30 am to 12:30 pm on the working days. Any person cannot receive the application beyond this time except in case of any emergency.
However, if you want to make the e-passport BD you can do it without any problem if you follow our tips from Wiki of Info. If you like to know e-passport BD update news, keep in touch e-passport BD official website.